WEATHER ALERT – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (November 12, 2020)
EVENT: The National Hurricane Center reports a weather system forming below the coast of the Dominican Republic which is likely to form a tropical depression this weekend or early next week as it continues westward through the central and western Caribbean Sea. American citizens in Honduras are advised to continue monitoring the weather and take the necessary precautions.
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
- Seek secure shelter.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Prepare an emergency supply kit (ready.gov).
- Visit the National Hurricane Center (https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/) for updated storm tracking information.
- Monitor guidelines issued by local authorities (http://www.copeco.gob.hn) and local media for updates.
U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa
Tel. (504) 2238-5114
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.