EVENT: The U.S. Embassy informs U.S. citizens that the formation of Tropical Storm Bonnie could reach Honduran territory this weekend with the potential to convert into a Category 1 hurricane. The disturbance is expected to move from southwestern Caribbean in a northwesterly direction near eastern Nicaragua and Honduras, bringing very heavy rains to the area. National Hurricane Center forecasters said the disturbance will drift over the Gulf of Honduras through early Saturday and its strongest winds will reach the south-central Caribbean and Gulf of Honduras.
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Prepare an emergency supply kit (ready.gov).
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Seek secure shelter.
- U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa
Tel. (504) 2238-5114
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Honduras Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.