WEATHER ALERT – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (October 30, 2020)
EVENT: The embassy is monitoring a weather system forming above the coast of Venezuela. Conditions are conducive for further development of this system, and a tropical depression is likely to form this weekend or early next week as the system moves into the central and western Caribbean Sea. As the system moves westward, the Northern Coast and Bay Islands of Honduras become more likely to be affected.
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Seek secure shelter.
- Inform a friend or family member of travel plans over the upcoming holiday.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Prepare an emergency supply kit (ready.gov).
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa
Tel. (504) 2238-5114
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.