Minors Leaving Honduras with Immigrant Visas

Any person leaving the national territory must do so through the officially established ports of exit, carry the necessary documentation and submit to immigration control.

For a Honduran under the age of 21 to travel outside the country:

  • You need authorization from both parents.
  • In the event that the parents or one of them is abroad, the authorization must be authenticated by the Honduran consulate closest to their residence in the United States.
  • In the event that the parents or one of them is in Honduras, the authorization must be authenticated before a Notary Public, who will attest to the validity of both signatures.
  • In the case of those over 18 years of age and those under 21 years of age, the authorization may be granted once, which will be valid until the adult minor reaches the age of majority.

Once you have the authenticated signatures, you will have to present the following documents to the immigration authorities at the airport:

  • Minor’s original birth certificate
  • Photocopy of identity of both parents
  • Authentication of the signatures
  • Authorization to leave the country of a minor
  • Death Certificate if one of the parents has died

For more information, go to: http://inm.gob.hn/