To replace a lost or stolen passport, you must appear in person to make the application at the U.S. Embassy in Tegucigalpa or at The Consular Agency in San Pedro Sula.
Note: An appointment is needed for this service.
What to do:
- File a police report at your nearest Police Station
- Complete a Passport Application DS 11. ( PDF 101 KB )
- Complete a Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport, DS-64. ( PDF 51KB )
- Present Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Present Proof of Identity
- Provide one passport photo (Note: Photo size 2″x2″ in with a white background, and free of shadows.)
- Provide the Social Security Number
- Present a Police Report regarding the passport loss.
- If minor, both parents must be present and should present growth pictures.
- Make an Appointment.
- Fees: non-refundable
- $115 U.S. dollars if minor
- $145 U.S. dollars if adult
- At the Embassy in Tegucigalpa: Fees may be paid in U.S. dollars or the equivalent in Lempiras. International credit cards are accepted. Personal checks are not accepted
- At the Consular Agency in San Pedro Sula: Fees may only be paid in Lempiras. Exact change is required. International credit cards are accepted. Personal checks are not accepted.
- You must pay all fees directly at the Embassy or the Consular Agency. Do not make payments at a bank or any other establishment.
- Turnaround Time:
- When applying in Tegucigalpa – Approximately 13 working days.
- When applying in San Pedro Sula – Approximately 5 weeks.