If your passport is lost or stolen you must appear in-person at the U.S. Embassy in Tegucigalpa or the U.S. Consular Agency in San Pedro Sula to replace a lost or stolen passport.
Turnaround time is normally approximately 13 working days when applying in Tegucigalpa and 5 weeks when applying in San Pedro Sula.
Note: If you have emergency travel to the United States, please send us an email Monday through Friday (except U.S. and local holidays). You must justify your emergency with the Consular Officer and provide a copy of your flight itinerary.
Step 1: Report the Loss or Theft
Step 2: Fill Out Passport Application Form and DS-64: Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport
Please follow the steps and requirements for a first-time adult passport application to fill out the passport application. If you arrive with inaccurate or incomplete forms, or insufficient funds to pay the fees, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment. Additionally, you will need to bring Passport form DS-64 (Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport) and your police report to the Embassy or Consulate. You should bring as many documents as possible proving your citizenship and/or identity. These may include, but are not limited to, a copy of your previous passport and/or an original copy of your U.S Birth Certificate or Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
Step 3: Make an Appointment
Due to health and safety restrictions, we have limited availability for routine consular services. If you would like to schedule an appointment, you must agree to the entry requirements and terms service below:
- If your intended service does not match the appointment you schedule online, we will not be able to assist you and you will need to re-schedule.
- You must arrive at least 10 minutes early.
- You must wear a mask covering both your nose and mouth.
- You must arrive with identification and all required documents, photos, and photocopies.
- You must arrive with cash (USD or L) or a credit card to pay for your service
- If you have any cold or flu-like symptoms in the 14 days prior to your appointment, such as a fever, shortness of breath, or a persistent cough, you cannot enter to the facility.
In order to confirm your understanding of these terms of service and schedule an appointment, please click the following link: I acknowledge and agree to these terms and will adhere to the health and safety guidelines above.
To schedule an appointment, please click here.