A person is applying for their first adult passport if they are over 18, have never had a passport before, or if their previous passports were issued before they turned 16.
Note: An appointment is needed for this service
- Complete a Passport Application DS 11.( PDF 11KB)
- Present Original Birth Certificate or Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- Provide valid Government-Issued ID
- Provide one (1) passport photo (Note: Photo size 2″x2″ in with a white background, and free of shadows.)
- Provide the Social Security Number
- Growth Progression Photos
- Make an appointment (Click Here)
- Fees: non-refundable
- 145 U.S. Dollars
- At the Embassy: Fees may be paid in U.S. dollars or the equivalent in Lempiras. International credit cards are accepted. Personal checks are not accepted.
- At the Consular Agency in San Pedro Sula: Fees may only be paid in Lempiras. Exact change is required. International credit cards are accepted. Personal checks are not accepted.
- You must pay all fees directly at the Embassy or the Consular Agency. Do not make payments at a bank or any other establishment
- Turnaround Time:
- When applying in Tegucigalpa – Approximately 13 working days.
- When applying in San Pedro Sula – Approximately 5 weeks.