To replace a damaged or mutilated passport, you will need to make an appointment.
You must use the passport wizard to print out and sign a form DS-82 (if all the biographical data are NOT damaged) or a form DS-11 (if the passport was mutilated or if the biographical data and/or photo ARE damaged). If you arrive with inaccurate or incomplete forms, or insufficient funds to pay the fees, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
Bring the below documents to the U.S. Embassy in Tegucigalpa or the U.S. Consular Agency in San Pedro Sula:
- Application form DS-82 or form DS-11. Do not forget to sign the application form.
- You must provide your Social Security Number (SSN) in accordance with 26 U.S.C. 6039E. Failure to provide information requested on the form, including your SSN, may result in significant processing delays and/or the denial of your application.
- If you have never been issued an SSN, enter 000-00-0000 on the application form. You will need to apply for an SSN when you receive your new passport.
- Current passport to be replaced.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship: original or certified copy of Birth Certificate, original Consular Report of Birth Abroad, original Naturalization or Citizenship Certificate. If you are over 16 years old and were issued a U.S. passport during your childhood that is undamaged, you may submit it as proof of citizenship.
- Documentation required for the change (see instruction on page 2 of the form)
- One passport photograph. Photographs that do not meet the specified requirements will be rejected. You must remove glasses for your passport photo, except in rare, medically-documented circumstances.
- The application fee for an applicant aged 16 and over is $165.00. For a minor, the fee is $135.00.
- Embassy in Tegucigalpa: Payment must be made in US dollars or its equivalent in lempiras. We accept credit or debit cards that allow payment in dollars. Consular Agency in San Pedro Sula: Cash payment in lempiras only (exact change). We accept credit or debit cards that allow payment in dollars.
- Credit cards will only be accepted if the card holder is present
Where to apply?
- Tegucigalpa – Drop Off. You can drop off your application at the U.S. Embassy in Tegucigalpa any Monday through Friday, between 10:00 and 11:30 a.m. No interview is required.
- San Pedro Sula – Make an Appointment. To schedule an appointment at the U.S. Consular Agency in San Pedro Sula, please click here.
- Tegucigalpa – Mail. Mail applications should be sent to:
Avenida La Paz
Atención: ACS/Consulado — DS-82