Additional Resources for U.S. Citizens

Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.

In an effort to bring its services closer to our fellow U.S. Citizens, the American Citizen Services Unit periodically conducts Consular Outreach Services. The Outreach Services accepts applications for U.S. passport issuance (new, renewal and amendment) and notarization of documents.  In some cases, Outreach Services also accepts applications for Consular Report of Birth Abroad.

To ensure order during the activity, an appointment system is applied for those who wish to avail themselves of the services. To request an appointment, please send an email to

No upcoming Consular Outreach scheduled at the time.

Under Honduran law, children under age 21 who are traveling unaccompanied or with only one parent must have written, notarized permission to travel from the non-traveling parent(s).

  • If notarizing a permission letter in Honduras, the letter should be notarized by the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy or by a Honduran notary public.
  • If notarizing a permission letter in the United States, the letter should be apostilled by the U.S. state registrar where the notary is registered.  Honduran immigration authorities may also accept permission letters notarized at a Honduran embassy or consulate in the United States.
  • If there is no second parent with legal custody of the child (e.g., the second parent is deceased, one parent has sole custody, etc.), travelers can provide copies of the relevant paperwork such as a court decision, birth certificate naming only one parent, death certificate, etc.

Prior to leaving the United States register with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).
Review our Traveler’s Checklist to ensure safe travel.

For all information about customs and border protection of the United States, including entry and exit procedures and customs declaration regulations, please visit the website of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection at