Internal Revenue Service (U.S. Taxes)

The U.S. Embassy in Tegucigalpa does not have a taxpayer assistance specialist on staff and we are unable to answer questions about tax issues.  Persons requiring taxpayer assistance or information should contact the Internal Revenue Service directly.

Taxpayers may download forms and publications, access frequently asked questions,  obtain help with tax questions on-line,  read about free tax help available from IRS, obtain information on where to file paper tax forms, with or without payment,  read about identity theft and tax records, and much more.

The IRS Publication 54 (Pdf- 1.8Mb), Tax Guide for U.S. Citizen and Resident Aliens Abroad, and Federal Tax Information U.S. Taxpayers Living Abroad, provide overseas filers with international tax tips and the necessary information to prepare the tax return.

IRS tax forms and instruction booklets are also available in the waiting area of the Consular Section. For information on Federal Benefit Services hours, click here.

Online Tax Services

IRS Home Page:

U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad

If you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien, the rules for filing income, estate, and gift tax returns and paying estimated tax are generally the same whether you are in the United States or abroad. Your worldwide income is subject to U.S. income tax, regardless of where you reside. For more information

Persons in the Military – Military

Joint Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) 

From the Department of the Treasury, the Department of State, the Internal Revenue Service, and the Social Security Administration on Obtaining Social Security Numbers, Expatriation, and Tax Implications.  – FATCA

Income from Abroad is Taxable:

Many United States citizens and resident aliens receive income from foreign sources and you must include this income in your U.S. tax returns. This is true whether or not you receive a Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement,  a Form 1099 (Information Return) or the foreign equivalents.
Not reporting income from foreign sources may be a crime.

Tax Forms and Publications

Electronic Payment Website

Phone Services

Individuals 1-800-829-1040*

Business 1-800-829-4933*

Customer Service Phone: 1-215-516-2000
Hours: Mon-Fri 6:00 am-11:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time)

Customer Service Fax: 1-215-516-2555**

Refund Inquiries 1-800-829-1954*

TeleTax:  1-800-829-4477*

ITINS after 30 days 1-215-516-4846

Exempt Organization Help Desk:  1-877-829-5500*

Tax Offset Program (TOP) Help Desk: 1-800-304-3107*

E-Services Help Desk: 1-512-416-7750