Child & Family Matters

Births & Eligibility for a Consular Report of Birth

A child born outside the United States to a U.S. citizen parent or parents may be eligible for U.S. citizenship if the parent(s) meets the requirements for transmitting U.S. citizenship under the Immigration and Nationality Act. U.S. citizens eligible to transmit citizenship may file for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA).

For more information regarding Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, please click here.

Two-Parent Consent 

Parental consent is required for U.S. passport applications for children under the age of sixteen. More information regarding minor passport renewals can be found here.


For U.S. and Honduran adoption procedures, please refer to our adoption page.