Emergency passports for citizens with immediate, emergency travel plans to the U.S. remain available. Emergency travel includes:
- Illness of the traveler and need for medical treatment in the U.S.
- Grave illness or death of an immediate family member in the U.S.
- For U.S. citizen tourists in Honduras – imminent scheduled return travel to the U.S. after a passport has been lost or stolen. (Note: this option does not apply to U.S. citizens residing in Honduras)
- If your travel falls under one of these categories, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your emergency appointment.
- Please note that planned vacation travel does not qualify as an emergency, even if your ticket has already been purchased.
DS-82 Mail-In Passport Renewal
If you are not eligible for an emergency passport, you may still be able to renew your passport by mail. More information available here.
Scheduling an Appointment
To schedule an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Tegucigalpa, please click on the following link: https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/default.asp?postcode=TGG&appcode=1
To schedule an appointment at the U.S. Consular Agency in San Pedro Sula, please click on the following link: https://conagencysps.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php.
For more information regarding passport issuance and renewal, including emergency passports for imminent travel, click here.
For more information regarding CRBA issuance, including first-time passport issuance for a U.S. citizen minor, click here.
For more information regarding notarial services, click here.