Location: Honduras, countrywide
Event: Current security situation
The U.S. Embassy has now lifted restrictions regarding travel for U.S. government employees and family members within Honduras.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid all demonstrations. Even peaceful ones can turn violent with little or no notice.
- Be prepared to shelter in place and use your provisions in your emergency kit. Your emergency kit should include a three-day supply of food and water.
- Maintain at least a half-tank of gas in your personal vehicle.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local and social media for updates.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Have travel documents up-to-date and easily accessible.
- Report specific safety concerns to local law enforcement authorities.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) with the U. S. Embassy in Tegucigalpa to receive security updates – https://step.state.gov/
State Department – Consular Affairs:
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444