The Ministry of Security through the Honduran National Police, and in compliance with SINAGER, communicates the following regarding the new measures for the Central District, La Ceiba, and Choluteca (but not San Pedro Sula):
1. Considering the need for citizens to supply themselves with fuel, gas stations will be open to the public today, Wednesday March 18, 2020, from 3:00pm to 10:00pm.
2. Regarding the purchase of food and medicine and performing bank transactions, a special schedule has been set for banks, cooperatives, supermarkets, pharmacies, markets, “pulperias”, shops, Banasupros, bakeries, “tortillerias”, where said establishments will be open on Thursday March 19, 2020, from 7:00am to 4:00pm.
3. The “state of exception” will be reinstated in the Central District, La Ceiba and Choluteca at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 19, 2020.
4. Supermarkets, bank branches, and pharmacies must provide staff to apply hand sanitizer and take the temperature of every person who enters. If a person has a temperature over 38 degrees Celsius (100.4 degrees Fahrenheit), the authorities will immediately transport that person to an assistance center where s/he will be isolated.
5. Visits to businesses to purchase food will be limited to 20 minutes. Only one person per vehicle will be allowed inside, and no one over 60 and under 15 years old will be allowed to enter.
6. People must shop for food, medicine, and gasoline, as well as carrying out bank transactions, only in businesses located within their neighborhoods. Any type of business NOT identified in this press release is not authorized to open their doors.
7. We assure you there are enough supplies for the entire population and request that each citizen follow the requirements at each business regarding the amount of items each person is allowed to purchase.
The Honduran National Police reiterates its commitment and availability to serve society and requests the cooperation of all Hondurans in complying with the recommendations issued by the authority to prevent the spread of COVID-19.