Message to U.S. Citizens: Resumption of Consular Report of Birth Abroad appointments at the U.S. Consular Agency in San Pedro Sula
Location: Honduras, countrywide
Event: Starting March 31, 2022, the U.S. Consular Agency in San Pedro Sula will resume routine Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) appointments. The Consular Agency continues to provide notarial services and passport renewals on a by-appointment-only basis. All U.S. citizens are welcome to schedule appointments according to their need. Please find more information at the following address: https://hn.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/. Appointments at the U.S. Consular Agency may be scheduled at the following address: https://conagencysps.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php.
The U.S. Embassy in Tegucigalpa continues to provide routine passport, notarial, and Consular Report of Birth Abroad services as well as emergency consular services for the following categories:
- Arrest of a U.S. Citizen
- Death of a U.S. Citizen
- Victims of Crime
- Medical emergency
- Grave illness or death of an immediate family member in the U.S.
- For U.S. citizen tourists in Honduras– imminent scheduled return travel to the U.S. after a passport has been lost or stolen.
- If your inquiry is regarding one of the above categories, please contact the American Citizen Services Unit at USAHonduras@state.gov for assistance or to schedule your emergency appointment.
- Please note that planned vacation travel does not qualify as an emergency, even if your ticket has already been purchased.
DS-82 Mail-In Passport Renewal
We also encourage those eligible to renew their passport by mail. More information available here.
Use of Pay.Gov
U.S. citizens adults who are using the DS-82 passport form to renew their passport may utilize the federal government’s online payment system, Pay.Gov to pay the required forms. Applicant and registration on the system is free and easy-to-use.
Current Forms Must be Used for Citizenship Services
Please be aware that the American Citizens Services Unit can only accept the current form for a citizenship services application, including those for U.S. passport and Consular Report of Birth Abroad. The current U.S. passport forms can be found here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-apply/forms.html.
The current Consular Report of Birth Abroad form can be found here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/while-abroad/birth-abroad.html.
Expired forms will not be accepted at your appointment, and you will need to complete a new application. The top right of each form will indicate its expiration date. Please be sure to check your form before arriving to your appointment to avoid delays in processing.
- U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Honduras Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.