HEALTH ALERT – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (March 27, 2020)
EVENT: Flight Options to the United States from Honduras
U.S. citizens who want to return to the United States should avail themselves of immediate opportunities to do so. As of March 27, there are commercial flights available. If you plan to return to the United States, please make arrangements to do so now while there are commercial flights available.
Continue reading for current flight options:
United Airlines is offering direct flights from Tegucigalpa, San Pedro Sula, and Roatan to Houston, IAH. U.S. citizens may book flights through the following means:
https://wa.me/50498992978 (San Pedro Sula)
+1 800 864 8331
+1 800 421 4655
+504 800 2791 9489
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
- U.S. citizens who are present in Honduras should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Enrollment in STEP enables the American Citizen Services unit in Tegucigalpa to reach out directly to U.S. citizens in need of assistance. STEP also allows U.S. citizens to receive Alerts to convey information about terrorist threats, security incidents, planned demonstrations, natural disasters, etc.
- Review the State Department’s Global Level 4 Health Travel Advisory at travel.state.gov
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Monitor local news for updates.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.