HEALTH ALERT – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (March 26, 2020)
EVENT: Procedures for travelling to San Pedro Sula Airport During Complete Lockdown in Yoro Department
The Department of Yoro, near San Pedro Sula, is subject to heightened curfew restrictions implemented by the Government of Honduras on March 15, 2020. The U.S. Embassy has worked with the Ministry of Security to assist U.S. citizens traveling to the airport in San Pedro Sula.
For U.S. citizens traveling through Yoro who are scheduled to depart on commercial or government flights, flight manifests have been shared with the Ministry of Security and you should be allowed to pass through checkpoints. For urgent cases, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For U.S. citizens traveling through Yoro who are scheduled to depart on private charters, please send an email to email@example.com with the flight information so we can facilitate your passage through checkpoints. This will take additional time, so please plan accordingly.
All travelers in route to airports in Honduras should add several additional hours for their journey to reduce the possibility of missing your flights.
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
- U.S. citizens who are present in Honduras should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Enrollment in STEP enables the American Citizen Services unit in Tegucigalpa to reach out directly to U.S. citizens in need of assistance. STEP also allows U.S. citizens to receive Alerts to convey information about terrorist threats, security incidents, planned demonstrations, natural disasters, etc.
- Review the State Department’s Global Level 4 Health Travel Advisory at travel.state.gov
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Monitor local news for updates.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.