HEALTH ALERT – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (June 25, 2020)
EVENT: Updated Commercial Flight Opportunities – Additional Flight from San Pedro Sula
Upcoming Commercial Flights
The U.S. Embassy has worked with U.S. commercial airlines and the Government of Honduras to secure the following upcoming commercial flights. The U.S. Embassy will continue to seek commercial flights for U.S. citizens requesting to leave Honduras. The U.S. Embassy cannot guarantee the continued availability of commercial flights and urges U.S. citizens considering departure from Honduras to take advantage of one of these opportunities.
|June 26, 2020||San Pedro Sula||Houston, TX||www.united.com|
|June 29, 2020||San Pedro Sula||Fort Lauderdale||www.spirit.com|
|June 30, 2020||Tegucigalpa||Houston, TX||
|July 2, 2020||Tegucigalpa||Houston, TX|
|July 3, 2020||San Pedro Sula||Houston, TX|
Who can fly on these flights?
- United States Citizens
- Legal Permanent Residents of the United States
- Immigrant visa packet holders
- Unaccompanied Minors (in accordance with airline policies).
Non-immigrant visa holders should contact the airline regarding their eligibility to travel.
The State Department has advised all U.S. citizens living or traveling abroad to arrange for immediate return to the United States unless they are prepared to remain outside the United States for an indefinite period.
Please let the U.S. Embassy know you are returning to the United States, so we may update our records.
We encourage all U.S. citizens who chose to remain in Honduras to follow curfew rules set out by the government of Honduras.
For more information on the Global Level 4 Health Travel Advisory please visit: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/travel-advisory-alert-global-level-4-health-advisory-issue.html
For additional information on COVID-19 please:
- Review the State Department’s Global Level 4 Health Travel Advisory at travel.state.gov
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States and check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans.
- Visit the Internal Revenue Service’s website for information on the Economic Impact Payment
- Monitor local news for updates.
U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa
Tel. (504) 2238-5114 ex. 4299
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
For information on Non-Immigrant visas please contact the Non Immigrant Visa Unit
For information on Immigrant visas please contact the Immigrant Visa Unit