HEALTH ALERT – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (May 27, 2020)
EVENT: Additional Commercial Flight Opportunities
The U.S. Embassy has worked with United and Spirit Airlines and the Government of Honduras to secure the following commercial flights:
|May 28, 2020||Tegucigalpa||Houston, TX||www.united.com|
|May 29, 2020||San Pedro Sula||Fort Lauderdale, FL||www.spirit.com|
|May 29, 2020||Tegucigalpa||Houston, TX||www.united.com|
|June 1, 2020||Tegucigalpa||Houston, TX|
|June 1, 2020||San Pedro Sula||Houston, TX|
|June 2, 2020||San Pedro Sula||Houston, TX|
Who can fly on these flights?
- United States Citizens
- Legal Permanent Residents of the United States
- Non-immigrant Visa holders accompanying U.S. citizens, including minor children
- Immigrant visa packet holders
- Unaccompanied Minors (in accordance with airline policies)
In light of the increasing strain on Honduran health services, U.S. citizens wishing to return to the United States should do so now while flights are available. The U.S. Embassy cannot guarantee the continued availability of commercial flights as COVID-19 infections continue to rise in Honduras. DO NOT WAIT.
Please let the U.S. Embassy know you are traveling so we can update our records.
We encourage all U.S. citizens who chose to remain in Honduras to follow curfew rules set out by the government of Honduras and refrain from unnecessarily traveling long distances on roads with potential hazards.
For additional information on COVID-19 please:
- Review the State Department’s Global Level 4 Health Travel Advisory at travel.state.gov
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States and check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans.
- Monitor local news for updates.
U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa
Tel. (504) 2238-5114
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.