HEALTH ALERT – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (May 20, 2020)
EVENT: Repatriation Assistance: Keep the Embassy Informed of Your Potential Travel Plans
The U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa has helped more than 7,300 U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents return to the United States since March 15. As the COVID-19 crisis continues in Honduras, we encourage all U.S. citizens to keep the U.S. Embassy informed of their potential travel plans.
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
Are you a U.S. citizen currently in Honduras?
If so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us:
- Do you want to return to the United States, or do you plan to stay in Honduras through the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Please provide your name and a reliable phone number where we can contact you in Honduras.
Note: If you previously submitted your information and your plans have not changed, there is no need to send your information again.
The U.S. Embassy will continue to seek commercial flights for U.S. citizens requesting to leave Honduras. We encourage all U.S. citizens who chose to remain in Honduras to follow curfew rules set out by the government of Honduras and refrain from unnecessarily traveling long distances on roads with potential hazards.
The Consular Section remains open for emergency services. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of emergency assistance, please call 2238-5114, extension 4400.
For additional information on COVID-19 please:
- Review the State Department’s Global Level 4 Health Travel Advisory at travel.state.gov
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States and check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans.
- Monitor local news for updates.
U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa
Tel. (504) 2238-5114
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.