HEALTH ALERT – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (May 18, 2020)
EVENT: National Curfew Extended Until May 24
The Government of Honduras has extended the national curfew until Sunday, May 24 at 11:00 p.m. Under the latest order, circulation for shopping and essential activities is permitted on certain days based on national identity number.
The National Police announced banks, supermarkets, pharmacies, hardware stores, fruit and vegetable stands, and gas stations will be open Monday through Friday until 5:00 p.m. Shopping will be allowed from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. according to the last digit of an individual’s national identity card or passport number for non-Honduran citizens.
|1||Monday, May 18, 2020|
|2||Tuesday, May 19, 2020|
|3||Wednesday, May 20, 2020|
|4||Thursday, May 21, 2020|
|5||Friday, May 22, 2020|
The elderly, women who are pregnant, and individuals with disabilities will be able to exclusively access grocery stores and pharmacies from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and banks from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on the day which corresponds to the last number on their identification.
All U.S. citizens are strongly encouraged to respect the curfew and minimize trips out of their home. It is mandatory to use face masks, sanitary gel, and social distancing in public.
For additional information on COVID-19 please:
- Review the State Department’s Global Level 4 Health Travel Advisory at travel.state.gov
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States and check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans.
- Monitor local news for updates.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.