HEALTH ALERT – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (May 11, 2020)
EVENT: National Curfew and Shopping Schedule
The Government of Honduras extended the curfew until Sunday, May 17 at 5:00 p.m. The department of Cortes, El Progreso, Yoro, and Las Vegas, Santa Barbara are now included under the same curfew as the rest of the country. Under the order, circulation for shopping and essential activities is restricted based on national identity or passport number.
The National Police announced banks, supermarkets, pharmacies, fruit and vegetable stands, and gas stations will be open Monday through Friday until 5:00 p.m. Shopping will be allowed from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. according to the last digit of an individual’s national identity card or passport number for non-Honduran citizens.
|6||Monday, May 11, 2020|
|7||Tuesday, May 12, 2020|
|8||Wednesday, May 13, 2020|
|9||Thursday, May 14, 2020|
|0||Friday, May 15, 2020|
The elderly, women who are pregnant, and individuals with disabilities will be able to exclusively access grocery stores and pharmacies from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and banks from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on the day which corresponds to the last number on their identification.
All U.S. citizens are strongly encouraged to respect the curfew and minimize trips out of their home. It is mandatory to use face masks, sanitary gel, and social distancing in public.
For additional information on COVID-19 please:
- Review the State Department’s Global Level 4 Health Travel Advisory at travel.state.gov
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States and check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans.
- Monitor local news for updates.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.