HEALTH ALERT – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (May 7, 2020)
EVENT: Additional Flight Opportunities
The U.S. Embassy has worked with United Airlines and the Government of Honduras to secure the following commercial flights.
Departing from San Pedro Sula to Houston, Texas:
|Friday, May 8||Thursday, May 14|
|Saturday, May 9||Saturday, May 16|
Departing from Tegucigalpa to Houston, Texas:
|Friday, May 15||Sunday, May 24|
|Sunday, May 17||Tuesday, May 26|
|Tuesday, May 19||Thursday, May 28|
|Thursday, May 21||Saturday, May 30|
|Saturday, May 23||Sunday, May 31|
You should contact United Airlines directly at www.united.com to take advantage of these flights.
Who can fly on these flights?
- United States Citizens.
- Legal Permanent Residents of the United States.
- Non-immigrant Visa holders accompanying U.S. citizens, including minor children.
- Immigrant visa packet holders.
- Unaccompanied Minors (in accordance with United Airlines policies).
In light of the increasing strain on Honduran health services, DO NOT WAIT.
Please let the U.S. Embassy know you are traveling so we can update our records.
We encourage all U.S. citizens who chose to remain in Honduras to follow curfew rules set out by the government of Honduras and refrain from unduly traveling long distances on roads with potential hazards.
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
- U.S. citizens who are present in Honduras should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Enrollment in STEP enables the American Citizen Services unit in Tegucigalpa to reach out directly to U.S. citizens in need of assistance. STEP also allows U.S. citizens to receive Alerts to convey information about terrorist threats, security incidents, planned demonstrations, natural disasters, etc.
- Review the State Department’s Global Level 4 Health Travel Advisory at travel.state.gov
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Monitor local news for updates.
U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa
Tel. (504) 2238-5114
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.