HEALTH ALERT – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (April 10, 2020)
EVENT: Last Seats Available to Houston – Book Your Flight NOW
There are seats available on the flights to Houston departing from Tegucigalpa and San Pedro Sula next week. You can book your flight through www.united.com
|April 13, 2020||San Pedro Sula||Houston|
|April 15, 2020||San Pedro Sula||Houston|
|April 17, 2020||Tegucigalpa||Houston|
The U.S. Embassy has worked with airlines to secure several commercial flights since March 15, but we cannot guarantee there will be more flights to the United States while Honduran air borders remain closed. The Honduran medical system is increasingly strained. We urge U.S. citizens who want to return to the United States to do so now.
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
- U.S. citizens who are present in Honduras should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Enrollment in STEP enables the American Citizen Services unit in Tegucigalpa to reach out directly to U.S. citizens in need of assistance. STEP also allows U.S. citizens to receive Alerts to convey information about terrorist threats, security incidents, planned demonstrations, natural disasters, etc.
- Review the State Department’s Global Level 4 Health Travel Advisory at travel.state.gov
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Monitor local news for updates.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.