HEALTH ALERT – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (April 9, 2020)
EVENT: New Commercial Flight Opportunities from TGU and SAP – Book Your Flight NOW
The U.S. Embassy has worked with United Airlines to secure two commercial flights next week:
- April 15, 2020 from San Pedro Sula to Houston.
- April 17, 2020 from Tegucigalpa to Houston.
You should contact United Airlines directly at www.united.com to take advantage of these flights. Please let the U.S. Embassy know you are traveling so we can update our records.
Who can fly on this United Airlines flights?
- United States Citizens.
- Legal Permanent Residents of the United States.
- Non-immigrant Visa holders accompanying U.S. citizens, including minor children.
- Immigrant Visa packet holders.
- Unaccompanied Minors (in accordance with United Airlines policies).
In light of the increasing strain on Honduran health services, DO NOT WAIT.
U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa has helped more than 5,900 U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents return to the United States since March 15. We will continue to seek other commercial flight options, but there is no guarantee they will continue to be available.
We encourage all U.S. citizens who chose to remain in Honduras to follow curfew rules set out by the government of Honduras and refrain from unduly traveling long distances on roads with potential hazards.
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
- U.S. citizens who are present in Honduras should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Enrollment in STEP enables the American Citizen Services unit in Tegucigalpa to reach out directly to U.S. citizens in need of assistance. STEP also allows U.S. citizens to receive Alerts to convey information about terrorist threats, security incidents, planned demonstrations, natural disasters, etc.
- Review the State Department’s Global Level 4 Health Travel Advisory at travel.state.gov
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Monitor local news for updates.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.