HEALTH ALERT – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (April 4, 2020)
EVENT: Government Flight: Only a Few Seats Left, DO NOT WAIT
In light of decreasing opportunities to exit Honduras and the increasing strain on health services, DO NOT WAIT.
The U.S. Embassy in Tegucigalpa has arranged a chartered flight to Alexandria, Louisiana from San Pedro Sula.
To express interest in this flight, email firstname.lastname@example.org NOW.
Please submit all of the following information for each individual passenger:
- Full Name ( as it reads on your passport):
- Passport Number:
- Passport Expiration Date:
- Date of Birth:
- Email Address:
- Mailing Address:
- Emergency Contact Person:
- Emergency Contact Phone Number:
- Reliable Phone Number to Call You in Honduras:
- Date Entered Honduras:
- Current Location in Honduras:
Legal Permanent Residents travelling with a United States citizen are allowed on this flight. Please submit Legal Permanent Resident Card number and expiration date in addition to the above information.
After we receive your information, the Embassy will contact you to with flight details and to verify your information. We will also send out a confirmation letter and promissory note for you to complete prior to the flight.
Note: This is the only confirmed flight for the foreseeable future, and there are less than 70 available seats.
Citizens will be required to make arrangements for onward flights and lodging on their own.
The U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa has already helped 5,800 U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents return to the United States since March 15. We will continue to seek other rescue flight options, but the task may become increasingly challenging with each passing day.
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
- U.S. citizens who are present in Honduras should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Enrollment in STEP enables the American Citizen Services unit in Tegucigalpa to reach out directly to U.S. citizens in need of assistance. STEP also allows U.S. citizens to receive Alerts to convey information about terrorist threats, security incidents, planned demonstrations, natural disasters, etc.
- Review the State Department’s Global Level 4 Health Travel Advisory at travel.state.gov
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Monitor local news for updates.
U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa
Tel. (504) 2238-5114
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.