HEALTH ALERT – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (March 28, 2020)
EVENT: Emergency Consular Services
The American Citizen Services Unit at the U.S. Embassy in Tegucigalpa continues to provide services on an emergency basis.
These services include emergency passports, urgent consular reports of birth abroad, or urgent consular reports of death abroad, among others. If you are in need of emergency assistance, please call 2238-5114, extension 4400 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
- U.S. citizens who are present in Honduras should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Enrollment in STEP enables the Embassy’s American Citizen Services unit in Tegucigalpa to reach out directly to U.S. citizens in need of assistance. STEP also allows U.S. citizens to receive Alerts to convey information about security incidents, planned demonstrations, natural disasters, andterrorist threats.
- Review the State Department’s Global Level 4 Health Travel Advisory at travel.state.gov
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Monitor local news for updates.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.