Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (March 14, 2020)
Event: There is an ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) first identified in Wuhan, China. The global public health threat posed by COVID-19 is high, with more than 80,000 reported cases worldwide.
Due to the enactment of a red alert by the President of Honduras prohibiting public and private events of 50 or more participants, the American Citizen Services Unit at the U.S. Embassy in Tegucigalpa will only provide services on an emergency basis.
If you are in need of emergency assistance, please call 2238-5114 ext 4400 or email email@example.com.
The government of Honduras has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be placed into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of Covid19honduras.org for additional information on these new measures.
CDC has issued a Level 2 Travel Notice.
Visit the local government COVID-19 website (Covid19honduras.org) for updated information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the
- CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://hn.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in Honduras.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras:
Telephone: +(504) 2238-5114
After-hours telephone: +(504) 2236-8497
- State Department – Consular Affairs:
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Honduras Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.