EVENT: National Curfew In Effect
The Government of Honduras announced a national curfew from January 10, 2021 to January 17, 2021 from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. During the week, shopping and essential activities will be allowed daily from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. without regard to identification number. Bars, night clubs, and convention centers are excluded establishments.
Businesses are only allowed to have 50% capacity and should establish a special schedule for elderly, pregnant women, and people with disabilities.
Children are prohibited from commercial establishments.
All U.S. citizens are strongly encouraged to respect the curfew and minimize trips out of their home. It is mandatory to use face masks, sanitary gel, and social distancing in public.
For additional information on COVID-19 please:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States and check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans.
- Visit the Internal Revenue Service’s website for information on the Economic Impact Payment.
- Monitor local news for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa
Tel. (504) 2238-5114
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Honduras Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- For information on Non-Immigrant visas please contact the Non Immigrant Visa Unit.
- For information on Immigrant visas please contact the Immigrant Visa Unit.