EVENT: The Government of Honduras announced the following temporary measures in response to the new strain of COVID-19, as of December 23, 2020:
Non-resident Honduran citizens and tourists coming from the United Kingdom or South Africa or having visited or transited through those areas in the last 21 days are restricted from entering Honduras via any means.
Honduran citizens and foreigners resident in Honduras coming from the United Kingdom or South Africa or having visited or transited through those areas in the last two weeks, must quarantine for 14 days upon entry to Honduras.
For additional information on COVID-19 please:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States and check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans.
- Visit the Internal Revenue Service’s website for information on the Economic Impact Payment.
- Monitor local news for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa
Tel. (504) 2238-5114
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Honduras Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- For information on Non-Immigrant visas please contact the Non Immigrant Visa Unit.
- For information on Immigrant visas please contact the Immigrant Visa Unit.