HEALTH ALERT – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (April 22, 2020)
EVENT: Repatriation Assistance: Help Us Update Our Records
The U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa has helped 6,400 U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents return to the United States since March 15. Please help us continue to assist U.S. citizens still in Honduras by helping us update our records.
The U.S. Embassy will continue to seek commercial flights for U.S. citizens requesting to leave Honduras. We encourage all U.S. citizens who chose to remain in Honduras to follow curfew rules set out by the government of Honduras and refrain from unduly traveling long distances on roads with potential hazards.
The Consular Section remains open for emergency services. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of emergency assistance, please call 2238-5114, extension 4400.
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
Are you a U.S. citizen currently in Honduras?
Please email email@example.com and tell us:
- Do you want to return to the United States in the next few weeks, or do you plan to stay in Honduras through the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Please provide a reliable phone number where we can contact you in Honduras.
Are you a U.S. citizen who has already returned to the United States?
If you are no longer in Honduras and do not want to continue receiving these alerts, you can unsubscribe using the following link: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx
For additional information on COVID-19 please:
- Review the State Department’s Global Level 4 Health Travel Advisory at travel.state.gov
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States and check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans.
- Monitor local news for updates.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.