HEALTH ALERT: U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (June 10, 2021)
EVENT: Negative COVID-19 Test No Longer Required for Fully Vaccinated Travelers to Enter Honduras
Effective June 2, 2021, The Government of Honduras has updated its requirements for entry into the country. All travelers must still complete the online pre-check form, but fully vaccinated individuals with their original vaccination certificate are no longer required to provide proof of a negative COVID test upon entry in Honduras.
- Proof of Full Vaccination: Passengers must provide the original vaccination certificate documenting complete COVID-19 vaccination (two doses of most vaccines; one dose of Johnson & Johnson) with at least 14 days after receipt of the final dose.
- COVID-19 Test: Passengers who cannot provide proof of full vaccination must hand-carry the negative test results for a PCR or rapid test taken less than 72 hours before entry into Honduras. Passengers must show the test results at check-in.
While there is no COVID-19 test requirement to leave Honduras, the U.S. Embassy in Tegucigalpa reminds all air passengers arriving in the U.S., including U.S. citizens returning from vacation, of the requirement to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within three days of departure.
For more information about the testing requirement, visit: Requirement for Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test or Recovery from COVID-19 for All Air Passengers Arriving in the United States | CDC.
For more information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, visit: COVID-19 in Honduras.
For more information regarding testing capabilities of COVID-19 in Honduras, visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page.
- U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa
Tel. (504) 2238-5114
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Honduras Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.