EVENT: National Curfew in Effect
The Government of Honduras has extended the national curfew from May 10 until May 23, from 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. except in Olancho (see below). During the week, shopping and essential activities will be allowed daily from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. without regard to identification number, in all departments except Olancho.
Olancho Circulation Schedule
|Date||From||To||Last number of identification card, passport, or resident card|
|Monday, May 10||5:00 a.m.||8:00 p.m.||1 and 2|
|Tuesday, May 11||5:00 a.m.||8:00 p.m.||3 and 4|
|Wednesday, May 12||5:00 a.m.||8:00 p.m.||5 and 6|
|Thursday, May 13||5:00 a.m.||8:00 p.m.||7 and 8|
|Friday, May 14||5:00 a.m.||8:00 p.m.||9 and 0|
|Saturday, May 15||5:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m.||1 and 2|
|Sunday, May 16||5:00 a.m.||8:00 p.m.||3 and 4|
|Monday, May 17||5:00 a.m.||8:00 p.m.||5 and 6|
|Tuesday, May 18||5:00 a.m.||8:00 p.m.||7 and 8|
|Wednesday, May 19||5:00 a.m.||8:00 p.m.||9 and 0|
|Thursday, May 20||5:00 a.m.||8:00 p.m.||1 and 2|
|Friday, May 21||5:00 AM||8:00 p.m.||3 and 4|
|Saturday, May 22||5:00 a.m.||8:00 p.m.||5 and 6|
|Sunday, May 23||5:00 a.m.||8:00 p.m.||7 and 8|
Special attention schedule for elderly, pregnant women, and persons with disabilities in Olancho:
In authorized businesses: 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
In banks: 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Businesses are only allowed to have 50% capacity and should establish a special schedule for elderly, pregnant women, and people with disabilities.
All U.S. citizens are strongly encouraged to respect the curfew and minimize trips out of their home. It is mandatory to use face masks, sanitary gel, and social distancing in public.
For additional information on COVID-19, please:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States and check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans.
- Visit the Internal Revenue Service’s website for information on the Economic Impact Payment.
- Monitor local news for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Honduras Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- For information on Non-Immigrant visas please contact the Non Immigrant Visa Unit.
- For information on Immigrant visas please contact the Immigrant Visa Unit.