HEALTH ALERT – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (January 13, 2021)
EVENT: Change in U.S. Entry Requirements
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expanding the requirement for entering the United States. A negative COVID-19 test will be required for all air passengers. This includes U.S. citizens and Legally Permanent Residents. The order was signed by the CDC Director on January 12, 2021 and will become effective on January 26, 2021. Travelers to the U.S. by air should get tested no more than three days before their flight to the U.S. departs. They should make sure to be tested with a viral test (NAAT or antigen test) to determine if they are currently infected with COVID-19. They should also make sure to receive their results before their flight departs and have documentation of their results to show the airline.
We remain committed to providing U.S. citizens abroad with all appropriate consular assistance when necessary.
For more information regarding inbound travel testing requirements for the United States, we refer you to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html. For more information on where to obtain a test overseas, travelers should review U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa’s COVID-19 Page at https://hn.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/.
For additional information on COVID-19, please:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States and check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans.
- Visit the Internal Revenue Service’s website for information on the Economic Impact Payment.
- Monitor local news for updates.
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
For information on Non-Immigrant visas please contact the Non Immigrant Visa Unit.
For information on Immigrant visas please contact the Immigrant Visa Unit.