HEALTH ALERT – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (October 5, 2020)
EVENT: National Curfew Extended
National Curfew Extended
The Government of Honduras extended the National Curfew until Sunday, October 11 at 11:00 p.m.
Shopping and essential activities will be allowed daily from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. according to the last digit of an individual’s national identity card or passport number for non-Honduran citizens.
|Day||Last Digit of I.D.|
|Monday, October 5, 2020||8 and 9|
|Tuesday, October 6, 2020||0 and 1|
|Wednesday, October 7, 2020||2 and 3|
|Thursday, October 8, 2020||4 and 5|
|Friday, October 9, 2020||6 and 7|
|Saturday, October 10, 2020||8 and 9|
|Sunday, October 11, 2020||0 and 1|
The elderly, women who are pregnant, and individuals with disabilities will be able to exclusively access essential businesses from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and banks from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on the day which corresponds to the last number on their identification.
All U.S. citizens are strongly encouraged to respect the curfew and minimize trips out of their home. It is mandatory to use face masks, sanitary gel, and social distancing in public.
For additional information on COVID-19 please:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States and check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans.
- Visit the Internal Revenue Service’s website for information on the Economic Impact Payment.
- Monitor local news for updates.
U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa
Tel. (504) 2238-5114
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
For information on Non-Immigrant visas please contact the Non Immigrant Visa Unit.
For information on Immigrant visas please contact the Immigrant Visa Unit.