HEALTH ALERT – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (August 6, 2020)
EVENT: Honduras Announces Reopening of Airports for Domestic and International Flights
Honduras Announces Reopening of Airports for Domestic and International Flights
The Government of Honduras announced that airports will open for regular commercial flights. Domestic flights are authorized to resume on August 10 and international flights will begin on August 17.
All airport personnel and passengers will be required to follow strict biosecurity measures. Airport staff will take temperatures prior to travelers entering the terminal. All travelers are required to wear face covering, maintain social distancing, and use sanitizing gel as instructed.
With the resumption of normal commercial flights, the U.S. Embassy will discontinue alerts on commercial rescue flights. U.S. citizens who want to return to the United States should contact commercial airlines to make travel arrangements.
All U.S. citizens are strongly encouraged to follow all biosecurity and self-quarantine requirements.
For additional information on COVID-19 please:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States and check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans.
- Visit the Internal Revenue Service’s website for information on the Economic Impact Payment
- Monitor local news for updates.
U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa
Tel. (504) 2238-5114 ex. 4299
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
For information on Non-Immigrant visas please contact the Non Immigrant Visa Unit
For information on Immigrant visas please contact the Immigrant Visa Unit