HEALTH ALERT – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (January 17, 2021)
EVENT: National Curfew In Effect
The Government of Honduras announced a national curfew from January 17, 2021 to January 24, 2021 from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. During the week, shopping and essential activities will be allowed daily from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. without regard to identification number. Bars, night clubs, and convention centers are prohibited from operation.
Businesses are only allowed to have 50% capacity and should establish a special schedule for elderly, pregnant women, and people with disabilities.
Minors are allowed in commercial establishments as long as they use face masks the entire time and follow all biosecurity measures.
All U.S. citizens are strongly encouraged to respect the curfew and minimize trips out of their home. It is mandatory to use face masks, sanitary gel, and social distancing in public.
For additional information on COVID-19 please:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States and check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans.
- Visit the Internal Revenue Service’s website for information on the Economic Impact Payment.
- Monitor local news for updates.
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
For information on Non-Immigrant visas please contact the Non Immigrant Visa Unit.
For information on Immigrant visas please contact the Immigrant Visa Unit.