HEALTH ALERT – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (March 24, 2020)
EVENT: Latest Flight Options to the United States from Honduras
The U.S. government has arranged a variety of options for evacuation flights from Honduras to the United States. We continue to work with U.S. carriers and others to increase the number of evacuation flights available. Your safety is our highest priority.
United Airlines is offering direct flights from Tegucigalpa, San Pedro Sula, and Roatan to Houston, IAH. United confirms new flights will be added frequently.
U.S. citizens may book flights through the following means:
https://wa.me/50498992978 (San Pedro Sula)
+1 800 864 8331
+1 800 421 4655
+504 800 2791 9489
Continue reading for additional flight options.
The following organizations continue to schedule charter flights from Roatan and San Pedro Sula and have availability. U.S. travelers may reach out directly to make flight arrangements.
|Global Guardian||Contact Info|
Two flights scheduled for today, Tuesday, 24 March 2020 at 3pm local:
1. Roatan, Honduras – 150 seats available
2. San Pedro Sula, Honduras (SAP) – 150 seats available
One flight scheduled for Wednesday, 25 March at time to be determined in San Pedro Sula, Honduras (SAP) – 150 seats available
Travelers have also expressed interest in a flight from Tegucigalpa for a date in the near future.
24/7 Operations Center
College View Church in Lincoln Nebraska
The aircraft will seat 150 people – about 100 seats are still available
Departing San Pedro Sula at 8:00 AM on Wednesday 3/25
Phone: +1 (402) 416-0496
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
- U.S. citizens who are present in Honduras should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Enrollment in STEP enables the American Citizen Services unit in Tegucigalpa to reach out directly to U.S. citizens in need of assistance. STEP also allows U.S. citizens to receive Alerts to convey information about terrorist threats, security incidents, planned demonstrations, natural disasters, etc.
- Review the State Department’s Global Level 4 Health Travel Advisory at travel.state.gov.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Monitor local news for updates.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.