HEALTH ALERT – U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras (March 23, 2020)
EVENT: Available Flight Options to the United States from Honduras
On March 23, United Airlines and American Airlines announced they would resume flights from Honduras to the United States for the purpose of evacuating U.S citizens and lawful permanent residents. The U.S. Embassy continues to actively engage with U.S. carriers and the Government of Honduras to facilitate the resumption of commercial and non-commercial options.
On March 26, United Airlines will resume commercial flights from Tegucigalpa and San Pedro Sula. U.S. travelers should reach out directly to United to make flight arrangements. You will find contact information below. Please note: seats will only be available for United via the contact information below. Please see the attachment for more information. United asks that the phone number or email address be provided along with the travel itinerary when contacting them about these options.
American Airlines also informed us they will begin regular commercial flights from Honduras this week. Tickets can be booked online for March 26 and March 27 dates.
The following organizations below have also scheduled charter flights from Roatan and San Pedro Sula and have availability. U.S. travelers are encouraged to reach out directly to make flight arrangements.
Your safety is our highest priority.
|Global Guardian||Contact Info|
Two flights scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, 24 March 2020 at 3pm local:
1.Roatan, Honduras – 150 seats available
2.San Pedro Sula, Honduras (SAP) – 150 seats available
One flight scheduled for Wednesday, 25 March at time to be determined in San Pedro Sula, Honduras (SAP) – 150 seats available
Travelers have also expressed interest in a flight from Tegucigalpa for a date in the near future.
24/7 Operations Center
College View Church in Lincoln Nebraska
The aircraft will seat 150 people – about 100 seats are still available
Departing San Pedro Sula at 8:00 AM on Wednesday 3/25
Phone: +1 (402) 416-0496
ACTIONS TO TAKE:
- U.S. citizens who are present in Honduras should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). Enrollment in STEP enables the American Citizen Services unit in Tegucigalpa to reach out directly to U.S. citizens in need of assistance. STEP also allows U.S. citizens to receive Alerts to convey information about terrorist threats, security incidents, planned demonstrations, natural disasters, etc.
- Review the State Department’s Global Level 4 Health Travel Advisory at travel.state.gov
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Monitor local news for updates.
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.