Location: Honduras, countrywide
Event: Please be advised that protests are scheduled to continue around the country and are blocking traffic in main cities around Honduras. Additionally, there are reported fuel shortages and long lines at gas stations throughout the country.
Actions to Take:
- Be prepared for delays and heavy traffic in major cities and highways throughout the country.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings.
- Keep a low profile.
- Have travel documents and identification up to date and easily accessible.
- Carry proper identification at all times.
- Monitor local media and U.S. Embassy Facebook and Twitter pages for updates. Be prepared to adjust your plans.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Stock up on food items and necessities.
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa
Tel. (504) 2238-5114
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Honduras Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.