Event: Several protests are scheduled throughout the country against the government, starting as early as 6 am on Thursday, April 7 due to the high price of fuel. U.S. citizens are advised to maintain awareness of their surroundings as even peaceful demonstrations may turn violent with little or no notice.
Actions to Take:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep a low profile.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Honduras Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.