Demonstration Alert – U. S. Embassy – Tegucigalpa, Honduras (October 24, 2018)
Event: The U.S. Embassy is aware of the potential for both organized and impromptu demonstrations throughout Honduras in coming days. Similar demonstrations have targeted the U.S. Embassy in the past, and may have an anti-American sentiment. U.S. government personnel have been advised to exercise caution if they come upon large gatherings. The U.S. Embassy remains open as we continue to monitor developments.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, or protests.
- Monitor social and local media for updates.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Report specific safety concerns to local law enforcement authorities.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) with the U. S. Embassy in Tegucigalpa to receive security updates – www.step.state.gov.
- U.S. Embassy Tegucigalpa, Honduras:
Telephone: (504) 2238-5114
After-hours telephone: (504) 2236-8497
Consular Section fax: (504) 2238-4357
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Honduras Country Information
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter